Sunday, January 20, 2019

Toxic Levels

You never learned your limit.
Naive.
Ignorant.
Arrogant.
You already knew you couldn't handle more than a couple shots a night.
You had to take it slow.
But you resisted.
You kept thinking you could handle yourself.
Emptying out your stomach in the toilet or the gutter.
Whichever was closer.
Even Ryan's new shoes.
And you didn't even know Ryan.
Sorry Ryan.
Face bright red.
Not from embarrassment.
Just my typical Asian Glow.
But paired with a tomato complex was asthma, vomit, and no coordination.
Possible alcohol allergy?
How could this be?
So I can't party.
I can't drink.
But I did anyway.
Even if it meant spending New Year's countdown in the bathtub.
I drank shot after shot.
I thought I had to in order to blend in.
Such a child.
Such a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment

La La Land

Every time I ask my "try-hard-to-be-american but is clearly fresh off the boat Asian" dad for 50 bucks I get the same boring, wast...